A Full Guide for Cricut New Machine Setup on Windows
Cricut machines are versatile smart cutting tools loved by crafters and designers for creative DIY projects. With various models to choose from, users can find the perfect fit for their needs. Cricut’s official software, Design Space, helps in designing and personalizing projects. The Cricut machine connects easily to desktop computers and mobile devices via wireless Bluetooth and a USB cable. If you recently bought a Cricut machine, this blog will guide you through the setup process step-by-step. So, let’s get started.
Cricut New Machine Setup on Windows via Bluetooth
Your new Cricut device will have a built-in Bluetooth adapter. By using Bluetooth, you will be able to pair it with Windows. Let us pair it to a PC wirelessly.
- The first step is to ensure that your Cricut machine is turned on and within a distance of 10–15 ft from the computer.
- Next, from your Windows PC, open the computer’s Settings.
- Now, in the Settings window, select the Devices options.
- Further, go to the Bluetooth & other devices option in the Devices window.
- Next, make sure that the computer’s Bluetooth settings are ON. If not, then turn it ON.
- You must add a new Bluetooth device by selecting the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- Later, the computer will ask which type of device you want to add. Here select Bluetooth.
- Now, the computer will search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Once your new Cricut machine is shown, choose the device to pair it with the computer.
- Finally, you can open the Design Space and set up the new product.
Cricut New Machine Setup on Windows Using a USB Cable
Sometimes Bluetooth may not work on your computer, or if your system is not supported with Bluetooth. In these cases, you can connect your Cricut machine using a USB cable. Let us see the Cricut machine setup using a USB cable.
- You don’t need to buy a USB cable separately, as it comes with the machine.
- Now, using the cable, you need to connect the USB end of the cable to your computer’s port.
- Next, connect the other end of the USB cable to your machine. The USB port will be at the back of your new Cricut device.
- Further, make sure that the machine is turned on. You will see that the device’s power button is lit and white in color.
- Your Cricut machine is now connected to the computer via a USB cable.
- Afterward, you can visit the Design Space and select Cricut new machine setup.
Cricut Design Space Download on Windows Computers
You need to download and install the Design Space to complete the setup of the new Cricut machine. Let us know how to do it.
- First, open the Internet browser and go to design.cricut.com.
- Once you open the Cricut website, select the Download option.
- The Design Space setup will start downloading, and your Windows screen will change.
- Later, after the download is complete, you must select the setup file from the download folder.
- Sometimes, a window will open asking whether you trust the application. Here, select the option to trust the software.
- Now, the setup window will display the installation progress.
- Once the Design Space is installed on your PC, you must open it.
- After that, you must Sign in with your Cricut ID and Password.
- If it is your first time using the Cricut machine, then you need to select Cricut a Cricut ID option.
This blog of a Cricut new machine setup includes pairing it with a computer, either by Bluetooth or USB cable, and later, downloading and installing the Design Space. The steps are quick and easy to follow. After setting up, you will be able to work with the machine and create any crafting projects. Plus, the wireless connectivity allows users to work with the device freely.
Why is my Cricut machine not connecting to Bluetooth?
If your Cricut device is not connecting to Bluetooth, your system might have internal errors. To fix the issue, first, ensure that both the machine and computer are within the connecting range. Next, check if the Bluetooth is on in the machine. You can also check the system’s Bluetooth updates because the old version may not work. Finally, remove the device from the Bluetooth settings, and pair it again.
How to uninstall the Cricut Design Space?
Suppose you uninstall the Design Space from your Windows PC for troubleshooting or permanently. First, you must close the Design Space because it will not uninstall if it is still running in the background. Next, go to Programs, and then select Add or remove programs. In the Apps & Features window, select Design Space and uninstall it completely.
What is Design Space by Cricut?
Design Space is a free-to-use software developed by Cricut. On the software, you can find lots of images and fonts and use them to create or customize the designs. Also, you can design your project from scratch. Once you are ready with your design, the app will give instructions on loading the material onto the machine. Further, which mar or material to use? So, without the Design Space, you cannot work with the device.